Working and studying 50-50

I have a two year old child and was working full time. However, I have started with SFI distance course and reduced my working hours to 50%. I now work Monday-Wednesday to complete my 20 hours (7 hours each day approx), and then focus on SFI Thurs-Friday.

1. How should I report this in försäkringskassan?
2. How do apply for VAB during working and studying days?
3. Can my partner VAB on my studying days?
4. How do apply for Parental leave during working and studying days?
Rachel Report inappropriate content


  • Hello Rachel,
    thank you for your post.
    Since this is a public forum, The Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) has limited abilities to answer questions related to individual cases. We therefore advice you to contact our customer center at this number:
    0771 524 524 (for English press #8).
    Kind regards,
    Fredrik Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.