To latest comment

What payment can I receive for parental benefits?

My wife is working now and incase she needs to leave the job to take care my son who is 7 years old and go to school for 6 hours.
Will she be eligible for parental benefits, if yes, how much will she get - 80% of last salary or 250 sek per day.
She has not taken any parental benefit till now as we have recently shifted to Sweden.
Andy Report inappropriate content


  • Hi Andy,

    If she has recently shifted to Sweden that would suggest that she would be eligble for the basic income payment that is 250 kr per day when she do apply for Parental Benefit. However it is important that she states her current job information and yearly salary when she sends the aplication so we can confirm it with her employer and register her sickness benefit qualifying income (SGI).

    To read more about the Parental benefit please click here. If your wife needs more information regarding her specific case please contact our Customer Center to get in Contact with a case officer by Calling 0771 524 524 and press 8 to get connected to the English Line.

    Best regards,


Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.