To latest comment

What kind of aid does a person with epilepsy gets in Sweden?

I'm from Brazil and I already live in Sweden.
I'm about to get married and my fiancee has epilepsy (absence seizures).

Does Sweden provide any help (besides healthcare) for people with epilepsy? Like, inclusion, help to find a job.

My main concern is that she's not fully stable, so I would need (at least until she becomes stable) someone around her so I can go to work without having to worry about her getting hurt.


  • Hello Alexandre,
    thank you for your post.
    When it comes to your first question, I recommend you read the information on the website "". You find the link here.
    Regarding your second question, there is a benefit called "Attendance allowance for an adult", which Försäkringskassan administrates. You can read about it here.
    If you would like more information, you can always call our customer center at:
    0771 - 524 524 (press #8 for English).
    Kind regards,

    Fredrik Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.