To latest comment

What are all the benefits that I need to register to?

Hi. Since I've moved to Sweden 3 years ago, I keep hearing "you had to register for this before", I have no clear information where I am registered and where not.

For example for my EU card it took around a year for my registration to Försäkringskassan to go through and send me the actual card.
I have no idea if I can get sickness benefits if I become ill. Do I need to specially register my current workplace? Where can I do that?
I have no idea if I'm registered for that 300 SEK / year dental benefit. Where can I register for that?

Is there a list of all the benefits I need to manually register for, and the place where I can register online?
Daniel Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post!

    We need further information to be able to answer your question. This is a public forum where we reply only to general questions since we have limited abilities to reply questions related to individual cases. Therefore, we advise you to contact our customer center.

    You are entitled to EU-card, dental care allowance and high-cost protection if you are insured in Sweden. You can read about dental care here.

    There are requirements to be fulfilled in order to be entitled for sickness benefit. You can find more information about sickness benefit here.

    If you do not have any ongoing case at Försäkringskassan you don’t need to report or change information about your workplace and income. You update your income information first time when you apply for a work related benefit, for example Sick or Parental Benefit.

    Here  you will find information regarding most of the benefits.

    Best regards
    Hazan Administrative officer
  • I was just asking where to register for all these things.

    It appears that I wasn't registered for the high-cost protection when buying presecription medicine. I've spent maybe 1000-1500 SEK this year on medicine that did not go towards my high-cost (my total is 0 so far), because your system doesn't have me registered for some reason.

    For the EU card I had to call you, because the website always returned a technical error when I tried to get it. I was not marked as registered in Forsakringskassan, because some person working there forgot to do that. Everyone told me that should work automatically after clicking the button.

    So, what do we manually have to register (log in, click something, talk to someone?), and what is automatically registered in Sweden when it comes to benefits? I don't think people have hours and days to waste investigating why a system that we pay taxes for is not working.
  • Hello Daniel!

    Thank you for your question! The High Cost Protection mentioned in the answer above is only related to dental care not general health care support. However, this is a public forum where we reply only to general questions in English.

    Therefore, we advice you to contact our customer center by calling to 0771 524 524 (For English press 8) to get reply to your specific question.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00 am — 4.00 pm

    Best regards,

    Adem Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.