To latest comment

Can I get child allowance when the child is abroad?

Study parents language in parents country (original headline)
Can I still get my Swedish kids allowence if I took them for a year or two to an arab country so they can learn their parents language properly. ???
Thank you,


  • Hello Abdulla,
    thank you for your post.
    If your child is younger than 16 years of age and will be living abroad for more than 6 months, you must report this to Försäkringskassan. When the child leaves Sweden, you are no longer entitled to child allowance. Special rules apply for a child who moves abroad with a legal guardian who is an aid worker, government employee or student studying abroad.

    If your child is age 16 or older and will be studying at a Swedish school abroad at the compulsory level, you may be eligible for extended child allowance. You apply using the form Application for extended child allowance for study at Swedish school abroad.

    Kind regards,

    Fredrik Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.