To latest comment

Statement foreign medical specialist

I recently started working in Sweden and would like to apply for a (dissability?) benefit that can pay for my chronic physiotherapy sessions. Can I provide an statement from my medial specialist (in my case an Dutch registrated othopedic surgeon) or do I need to go to a general doctor in Sweden that is not formiliar with my medical history?


  • Hello,

    You can apply for the disability allowance for your additional expenses (in your case, physical therapy) by providing a medical statement that you get from your Dutch specialist.

    You can read more about disability allowance in English here and on the frequently asked questions “What’s counts as additional expenses”.

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.