To latest comment

Special need children, benefits when they turn 19.

I have  vårdbidrag (special care) for my child until April. In April he will be 19 but he is in school 100 %. Have we right to extend until June or we  have to ask again all from begin only for 3 months?
Mona Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post.

    Your benefit vårdbidrag (childcare allowance) will not be automatically prolonged. You can apply for omvårdnadsbidrag (child carer's allowance) . Omvårdnadsbidrag replaced vårdbidrag and you can no longer apply for vårdbidrag.

    You can receive omvårdnadsbidrag until June the same year your child turns 19 years old.

    Afterwards your child can apply for Activity compensation (Aktivitetsersättning). Read more about it here.

    Best Regards,
    Barbara Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.