Sickness payment


I was sick starting from 05/17 to 06/06. I applied for 'Karensdag' and received payment for the first day. I do not how to apply for the rest of days. Could you help me to apply for whole period since employer did not pay for these days.

Thank you

Best Regards,


  • Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

    Here, under “How do I apply > If you are employed with sick pay” you can read about the steps that you need to follow in order to apply for the sickness benefit. Kindly observe that, in order you to apply for sickness benefit your employer first should report your sickness to Försäkringskassan. If your employer has done that, you will able to see that on your “Mina Sidor”.

    Best regards,
    Özge Administrative officer
  • Hi Özge,

    Employer is refusing to report this sickness even though I told so. Unionen is now in touch with employer to do so but they are not reporting. Currently Unionen is started official claim. What should I do now to get reimbursement for the sick days?

  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post.

    On this forum we can answer only general questions regarding social insurance in Sewden.

    To ask questions regardin your individual case you can call our Customer Center on 0771 524 524, press "8" for English.

    Our opening hours in summer are Monday - Friday,
    8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
    Generally speaking, you may also send in your slary slip where it says for what period you received sickness salary from your employer. The case officer will decide if that information is enough to process your case.

    Mean while you can report your sickness to Försäkringskassan here and apply for the sickness benefit from the 15th day of your sickness period using our e-service here.

    Best Regards,
    Barbara Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.