To latest comment

Short-term sickness while on a 50% sick leave

I'm currently on a 50% sick leave (it's been going on for weeks). Now if I need to stay home because of, for example, flu, is it considered another sick leave? Do I need to notify försäkringskassan? Does my employer need to do anything?


  • Hello!

    If you are on sick leave long enough that you have applied for sickness benefit from Försäkringskassan and you are already receiving payments from us on 50%, then your employer does not have to do anything more.

    You on the other hand, should fill out the application called Ansök om ändrad omfattning av sjukpenning which you can do on our website on Mina sidor. The application is required to change the extent of your sick leave. If you have previously been sick on 50% and now you are sick on 100%, because of the flu, it is enough that you apply for the extended sickness benefit on 100% for the days when you cannot go to work at all.

    You can also call our self-service line at 020-524 524 to order a form if you want to change the scope of your sickness benefits.

    Best regards,
    Natalia Specialist

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.