To latest comment

Renewal of Försäkringskassan for my daughter

I along with my wife and daughter have applied for a new resident permit (work permit) as I changed my employer within first 2 years. At present , we are waiting for the decision from Migrationsverket. Please let me know the process to continue to receive the barnbidrag for my daughter even till we get a decision from Migrationsverket.

Kumar Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post. Generally the rule that apllies for child allowance when the residence permit has expired is stated below:-

    In order to be able to continue receiving child support, it is important that you submit an application for an extended residence permit to the Migration Board before your previous permit expires. If you:

    • apply for an extended residence permit for the same reason as your previous one, or
    • with the support of the Temporary Act (2016: 752) on temporary restrictions on the possibility of obtaining a residence permit in Sweden, you can then receive child allowance while you wait for the Migration Board's decision.

    If the Swedish Migration Board (Migrationsverket) refuses your application for a residence permit, the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) will investigate whether you are still entitled to child allowance.

    The same rules apply if your child has a temporary residence permit and it expires.

    If you need more detailed information for your specific situation please contact our customer center questions by calling telephone number: 0771 524 524 (for english press 8).

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00 am — 3.00 pm

    Best regards,

    Adem Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.