To latest comment

Which documents are needed for registration?

Regarding the required docs for reigistration (Original Title)

Hello Dear, I, my baby and my husband have recently ( 29 may 2016) shifted here from india. My husband has come here on work deputation and me and my baby on family visa. we have registered ourselves with Skattverket and have received the from number 5456 from forsakringskassan. Would you please guide us regarding the documents we need to attach with the form to get the registration done smoothly. We have indian passport, Swedish personal number, swedish work n residence permit, and my husband's company deputation letter.


  • Hello,

    in order to be registered in Försäkringskassan both you and your husband have to fill out and send us separate applications 5456. It is not enough that for example your husband only sends his application and adds you and your child as family members.

    Regarding your application, when you come to Sweden from a country outside EU and you are not employed, you should attach copy of a decision from Migration Board to grand your residence permit.

    In case of your husbands application, when he comes to Sweden from a country outside EU and is employed, he should attach a copy of employment contract and a copy of a decision from Migration Board to grand him work and/or residence permit.

    Försäkringskassan cannot accept copy of a card from Migration Board that shows you have a residence permit. We can only accept a copy of the decision .

    Best regards,

    Natalia Specialist
  • ok but are not they insured automatically once they get the personnummers which they have?
    i was told that that is how it works by my employer.
    I am a dentist working for folktandvarden Dalarna and came from Albania a month ago.
    you think I should do the same?

  • Hello!

    Please be advised that health insurance and social insurance are two separate systems in Sweden.

    You are covered by the Swedish health insurance once you receive Swedish personal number (personnummer) from the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket).

    If you are in need of social insurance which means possibility to apply for benefits from Försäkringskassan, certificates for health insurance abroad, the EU card or dental services you need to be registered at Försäkringskassan.

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.