To latest comment

How can I stop payments of child allowance when moving abroad?

Refuse child benefit. (original title)
Hi. I am planning to leave Sweden with my children. How can I refuse child benefit which I have now?


  • Hello!

    If you are moving out of Sweden with your children and you are planning ahead knowing that you still have few weeks or months before moving, it is enough that you send us application 5459. In the application you inform us that you are going to leave Sweden and when. Upon receiving your form, we will start a case to stop the payments of your child allowance.

    In a situation when you are leaving Sweden very soon and you do not want to risk receiving the new payment for child allowance before we get your application 5459, you can contact our Customer Centre for private individuals on the telephone number 0771-524 524 and inform us that you would like Försäkringskassan to stop the payments of child allowance. In such case, you still have to send us the application 5459.

    Best regards,
    Natalia Specialist
  • I have a question , If someone is living outside the Sweden and stayed more than 6 Months and didn't inform\Notify  the Försäkringskassan and ask them to stop the Barnidrag ( Children allowance \Benefits ) ,

     what is the action taken here ? has to pay everything earned during that period?

  • Hello,

    If someone intends to move abroad for longer than six months, they may lose their right to child allowance ("barnbidrag") and might have to pay back everything including the interest rate.

    The Swedish Social Insurance Agency has limited abilities to answer questions relating to individual cases on this forum. We therefore ask you to contact our customer center if you have questions relating to your specific case by calling telephone number 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best regards,

  • Where can I get a letter proving that I have written myself and my child out of Child Benefits in Sweden because I have moved to a different country.  I need to show this in order to receive Child Benefits in my new country of residence.
  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post.

    Kindly call our customer service so we can help you with your questions.

    Best Regards
    Helen Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.