To latest comment

Physiotherapy on vacation with EU-card

I am a swedish citizen with health care. I have problems with my hip, i have been to the physio in sweden for this. But now I am on vacation in the Netherland for 2 months. I am in a lot of pain, can i go to a physiotherapist here? does my eu health card cover this?


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post.

    Only the care giver can decide if your European Health Insurance Card - EHIC (EU-kort) can cover such treatment.
    Generally, the EHIC coveres an urgent treatment that cannot wait untill you come home.

    If the care giver does not accept your EHIC you can pay for the treatment yourself and then apply for the refund from Försäkringskassan.

    You can find more information about it here.

    Best Regards,
    Barbara Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.