Parental Leave Ouside EU


Me and my husband have residence/work permit in Sweden and we both are working currently in Stockholm.

We are planning for our first child and think if we will still be eligible to get the Parental Leave benefits if we move out of EU zone during our 3rd Trimester and give birth in a Non-EU country, even though I am still holding the Residence permit of Sweden and covered by the Swedish insurance policy.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Puja Basu Report inappropriate content


  • Hello!

    The Swedish Social Insurance Agency has limited abilities to answer questions relating to individual cases on this forum. We therefore ask you to contact our customer center if you have questions relating to your specific case by calling telephone number: 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm

    Best regards,
    Gobdine Administrative officer
The post is closed to further comments.