To latest comment

How many parental benefit days if I move to Sweden from outside EU with 6 months old child?

Parental Leave (original titel)

How may parental leave day I will get if I come from non EU country with 6 months old child?


  • Hello Imran,

    Normally, if you move to Sweden from a non EU-country with a child who is younger than 12 months, you get the full amount of days of parental benefit. The full amout of days is 480 per child.

    However, if any of the parents has previously received parental benefit from another country, will those days be reduced from the days that you can have from Sweden.

    Kind regards,
  • Hello,
    My wife and I have moved to Sweden last may with our daughter (3 years and 7 months old).
    Would we have any parental leave days?
  • Hello Diego!

    Thank you for your post! In order for Försäkringskassan to determine if you or wife is entitled to parental benefit one of you have to send application for parental benefit to Försäkringskassan. You can read more on how to apply and other related informations here.

    Best regards,
    Adem Administrative officer
  • Hello Again,

    So we got to know when we are moving to Sweden from Non EU country with less than one year old child we suppose to get 480 leave days per child. Now my question is if we enter Sweden before my child is 12 months old will that suffice or we need to register our baby somewhere before she get 12 months old? Means up to which point of process baby should be less than 12 months?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Hello Imran,

    Thank you for your message. The child has to be less than 12 months old when the child is registered as a resident in Sweden. The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) is the institute that manages civil registration of private invididuals.

    Kind regards,

    Semir Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.