To latest comment
The comment you are looking for have either been moved to a new discussion or been deleted.

Parental leave benefit from a non EU country

My husband and I got work permit in Sweden and we are covered by the social insurance in Sweden.
We moved here 3 months in advance of my due date and I am planning to give birth in Sweden. Before moving here, I was working so I am still entitled to receive parental leave benefit from a non EU country.
So my question: am I entitled to receive parental leave benefit from Sweden?
Thank you.

Yuki Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    You are eligible for parental benefit if you are insured in Sweden. In Sweden parents can apply for 480 days of parental benefit for each child. If both parents are socially insured in Sweden, those days are divided equally between them. In case when only one parent is insured in Sweden then all the days are available to that parent.

    However, before we can make any payment of the parental benefit, we must receive a certificate informing if you or the other parent has received parental benefit from other country or not. If you or the other parent has received parental benefit, those days will be deducted from the days available in Sweden.

    For more information please follow this link

    For further questions regarding specific cases please call our Customer Service on telephone number 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:
    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best regards,


Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.