To latest comment

Parental leave and child's residence permit


I would like to take some parental leave, but my kid who was born in Sweden does not have a residence permit yet, since we are waiting for the embassy to issue his passport so we can apply for a residence permit.

Can I still get the parental leave or do I have to wait until my kid's gets the residence permit?

Thank you


  • Hello,

    You can send the application for parental benefit while you are waiting for the passport. However we will approve your application first after you apply for a residence permit for the Child.
    Since it is a public forum, it is difficult for us to answer to questions regarding specific cases. We therefore recommend that you call our Customer Service for further questions. Our telephone number is 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.