To latest comment

Parental benefit while moving abroad


My wife has been offered a 1yr employment contract in Switzerland. We have an infant son. I would like to travel with her and take parental leave for 4-5 months to take care of our child. From other forum posts I have read, it appears I could be eligible for paid parental leave. I understand I would need to fill in the form 'Flytt till elder arbete i etc annal land'. However, we are still in the process of making the decision if she should take the employment. My ability to take paid parental leave is a serious financial factor in this decision. Can our circumstances be assessed before we make this decision?
Lars Yencken Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    If you are covered by Swedish social insurence and take parental benefit you can travel abroad for less than a year.

    If you are moving to another country for at least a year make sure that you apply for parental benefit 7 days a week on the S-level that is based on your income. Then you will be covered by Swedish social insurance as long as you take parental benefit without a break.

    It is of course a general information based on the information provided by you. Every situation is individual and I recommend that you call our Customer Center to find out a little bit closely what could apply in your situation.

    You can call on 0771 524 524 and press "8" for English.
    Our opening hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

    Best Regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.