To latest comment

parental benefits for unmarried couple

the situation is that, me and my boyfriend are having a baby in 3 months. we are not married, but we live together as sambo and we have one adress. he is working here in Sweden for a year (will work longer of course) and he has swedish personal id, but me- the mommy, just recently have started work (few months ago)- had a job contract- went to skatteverket to apply for id, but now i am still waiting for id.. skatteverket gave me coordination number, so i can make bank account. i have also birth certificate from my midwife.

questions are-
1. what is the first step for us, so we can get parental benefit?
2. me, as mommy, with coordination nr, can i also get some parental? and how can i register myself in forsakningkassan, if i only have since skatteverket told that they will answer me in 3 months maybe, wich is very late…
3.what kind of documents my boyfriend should send you so he can be registred for parental benefit?


  • Hello Judite,
    thank you for your post.
    What you need to do in order to be eligible for the parental benefit, is to get yourself registered at Försäkringskassan. You apply by filling out the form 5456, you will find the form in English here. You can also send in the certificate from your midwife together with form 5456.
    In order for your boyfriend to be eligible for parental benefit, he needs to be registered and he also needs to send in a paternity proof (faderskapsbevis) once the baby is born.
    Kind regards,
    Fredrik Administrative officer
  • hej. thank you very much for answering 😀
    1. i have sent my form Försäkringskassan with my midwife certicicate. how long i should wait for some answer? is that all what i can do for now (with coordination nr.?)?

    2. my boyfriend was already registred and have filled up the form online. and also his empoyee filled form 5033. if he goes to - my profile- my income/ work- there is nothing to show.. is that supposed to be like that?

    3. is there any other form for my boyfriend to fill up for parental benefit wich should be done right now? or he has to wait when baby is born?

  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post.

    In this forum we can only answer to general questions, it is difficult for us to answer to questions regarding specific cases.
    If you would like to have more information about your case, please feel free to dial 0771 524 524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Best Regards
    Helen Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.