To latest comment

Parental benefit for unemployed mother

My family has just moved to Sweden nearly 3 months. Only my husband goes to work, I am unemployed and have to take care 2 kids, 1 is 2 years old and 1 is 8 months only. We all have personal number. In my case,as an unemployed mother can I receive parental benefit or any other benefit? If yes, how much is it and how can I apply to receive benefit?
Thanks so much!
I am waiting for your reply.

Anh Thu Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,
    Thank you for your post.If you want to claim parental benefit from Försäkringskassan, you must be insured in Sweden more information about that here
    If you would like to know more about parental benefit click here

    Best regards,
  • Dear Gobdine,
    Thanks for your reply
    My family is insured in Sweden
    I read the link about parental benefit already. As my understanding, as an unemployed mother, I can received the parental benefit SEK 7,500/month. But the form of register and application on Försäkringskassan website seem only for employed person. So I am not sure that my thinking was correct or not. Could you help me to clarify?

    Thanks so much
    Anh Thu
  • Hello Anh,
    your thinking was correct when it comes to the amount that you will receive as unemployed. When you fill in the application form, you let us know if you are working or not. So, the application is for both employed and unemployed.
    You might also want to look at the possiblities of applying for housing allowance, look at this link to see if you might be eligible for the housing allowance here
    Kind regards,
    Fredrik Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.