To latest comment

When can we apply for the parental benefit?

Parental Benefit for Child born in Sweden. (posts original headline)

We are expecting a child to be born in Sweden. Both parents have a Permanent Residence Status with UT cards issued. Would we be applicable to receive parental benefits from day 1 of the child being born from Försäkringkassan or there are other formalities to be fullfilled before we start getting the parental benefit?


Abhi Jais Report inappropriate content


  • Hello Abhi,
    thank you for your post.
    If the child needs a residence permit, depending on the circumstances, you need to apply for that at the Swdedish Migration Agency (Migrationsverket).
    Information regarding when you and your partner can apply and also how to apply for parental benefit you can read about here and here.
    Kind regards,

    Fredrik Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.