To latest comment

närståendevård - Leave to take care of family members

Can i take leave to take care of a close family member with illness, who is not insured in Sweden, but is insured in EU? According to your information it says that both the care giver and the care taker have to be insured in Sweden, but that seems very unfair in terms of EU law. Is it possible to know more details about this right?


  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post.
    The person who is sick and the person caring will need to be socially insured in Sweden in order to be able to receive benefit for care of closely related persons.
    You can read more about this on Care of closely related persons.

    However, since this is a public forum it is difficult for us to answer to questions regarding specific cases.
    You can also call 0771 524 524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Best Regards
    Helen Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.