To latest comment

My husband is not entitled to parental benefit, how can I apply for all days?

We are living in Copenhagen but I work in Sweden. My husband is not entitled to have any parental benefit as he both works and lives in Copenhagen. Also, he only has 10 days when the child is born, and no other parental benefit from Denmark.
My question is that when I'm doing the parental benefit application, it says how many days have left for me. However, as I understand from your colleague I called recently, I am entitled to use all days in this case. How can I apply for all days?
Luca Szaraz


  • Hello,

    If your husband works in Denmark for a Danish employer then he is most likely covered by the social insurance in Denmark. In this case, you might be entitled to have all days for parental leave. However, we need to investigate your application first and for the investigation, we would need a certificate from the Social Insurance Agency of Denmark. The certificate should prove that he has not received any parental benefit from there.
    So, please contact the agency in Denmark to get the certificate and send it with your application to

    Försäkringskassans Inläningscentral
    839 88 Östersund

    Please be advised that, you need to write your personal number if it is not placed on the document.

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.