Moving to Sweden

In January i will move from Germany to Sweden to live with my husband.
My husband is working full time in stockholm since 5 years, and has a swedish permanent residence permit and is health insured.
Do you have any possibility in Sweden to be health insured without having the swedish personal number,because I didn't find a job yet?

Thank you in advance


  • Hi;

    Your right to health insurance in Sweden depends on your having a Swedish personal number, that is why you should be in touch with Skatteverket and apply for a personal number.

    If you receive a written decision letter from Skatteverket that states that they have rejected your application, you can then contact Försäkringskassan to see if you may qualify for health care through a different route. So please apply at Skatteverket if you have not done so yet, or call us on 0771-524 524 if you have already received a negative decision from them and you want to check if there is another solution.

    Best regards
  • Hey,

    My husband and I moved in Sweden, he is Danish citizens and he is working in Denmark and I am Macedonian. What kind of health insurance do I need about my personal number?

  • Hello!
    Thank you for your question.
    Health insurance in sweden is connected to residence. If you have a personal number then you are eligible to health insurance in Sweden. But if one has a coordination number then they need to have a specific certificate from Försäkringskassan for them to be entitled to health care at the same price as residents of Sweden, depending on their specific situation.
    If the later is case for you, you need to contact us for more detailed information on our openning hours.

    Monday-Friday 08:00 am - 04:00 pm

    Best Regards

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.