Moving from Sweden

I was working in sweden for 6years and now i am going back to Slovakia (EU country), where i am not going to start work immediately. Should i ask for unemployment benefit here in sweden and then have it transferred to slovakia, or should i ask for it right there? ( i was not fired, i quit myself). In that case i will need to bring U1 document home. Where should i ask for it (is it a long proceess- i am leaving sweden on 10th of may)? And that document will provide information for my future “pension” money or there is another document for that?
In case i will come back in sweden in some time - will i keep my “personnummer”?

Thank you very much

Patrik Szalay Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post!

    Please be advised that Försäkringskassan administer social insurance and ensures that citizens receive the benefits they are entitled to. If you want to read more about social insurance you can find more information on our website.

    Firstly, you should talk to the Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen) about unemployment benefit. You can find more information here.

    Regarding U1 certificate, the unemployment insurance fund where you are a member (or most recently was a member) issues the certificate. If you have not been a member of any unemployment insurance fund, you can contact Arbetslöshetskassan Alfa to obtain the certificate.

    Please be advised to contact Skatteverket, if you have questions regarding personal number and Pensionsmyndigheten regarding pension.

    Best regards


Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.