To latest comment

Can I have a certificate for health insurance i Quebec from Försäkringskassan?

Moved to Quebec, Canada, requesting a certificate of sickness Insurance (Original title)

I have recently  moved from Sweden to the province of Quebec, in  Canada. I have applied to be covered for for health insurance. The Regie de l'Assurance Maladie du Quebec,  informs me that Sweden and Canada(Quebec), have a reciprocating health care insurance policy, which would entitle me to immediate health care coverage on moving to Quebec, rather than waiting the 3 month period. The provision being, that I present a, Certificate of sickness insurance  from Sweden. I was not aware that I would need this. They have provided me with a copy of an example, and it would seem the certificate  is issued by the Försäkringskassan.  Can you provide me with a certificate and what information do you require to issue one? I have informed the Skatteverket of my departure from Sweden.


  • Hello,

    Sweden and Québec have an agreement that covers health care. According to this agreement, a person who is resident in Sweden and who is staying in Québec to work, as well as his or her accompanying family members, is entitled to health care from the public health service in Québec. This entitlement also covers employees stationed in Québec and students. A student shall be registered for full-time studies at an educational institution in Québec, which is recognized by the Québec Ministry of Education. Health care is provided on the same terms as for the inhabitants of Québec.

    This agreement applies for stay in Québec of less than a year and is not applicable if a person travels to Québec for the purpose of obtaining health care.

    To obtain health care in Québec, the certificate, together with a certificate on a residence or study permit issued by the Québec Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities (Ministère des Communautés culturelles et de l'lmmigration du Québec ), shall be shown to the competent insurance institution in Québec (Bureau des ententes de sécurité sociale).

    You do not need to send us any information in order to receive this document. Just call our Customer Support on 0771 524 524 (press 8 for English) to order this certificate.

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.