Just registered mamma ledig

I just registers Föraldralpenning for Mamma ledig. But my child is already 2,5 years. The reason is I didn’t know if I’am able to take the money from mamma ledig. I’am unemployed, I’m study SFI now, and got permanent permits to stay in Sweden.
Is it possible for me to get the money from the last year when i was stay home with my child since Day 1 I gave birth ??
It’s really confusing for me to understand about föraldrarpenning.


  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post!

    If you have a residency permit and you have a child, you can be eligible to apply for the parental benefit when you are registered and insured with the Social Insurance Office or (Försäkringskassan).

    In order to receive parental benefit, you will need to apply first. One can only receive parental benefit for no more than 90 days back in time.

    It is difficult for us to answer to questions regarding specific cases. In need of more information about parental benefit, please read here or dial to 0771 524 524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm

    Best regards,
    Helen Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.