To latest comment

Just moved to Sweden and I got pregnant - What am I entitled for?

Hi, I moved to Stockholm 1 month ago and just found out I'm pregnant. I'm an EU citizen (from Germany) but before moving here I lived and worked in the UK. I still have my work based in the UK and I will work remotely for them. I'm currently sorting out logistics with my UK company in terms of "Living in Sweden and working here for a non-Swedish employer" based on Skatteverket's information but I just wanted to know what I'm entitled to? Can I apply for benefits? I also have a 3-year-old daughter so this will be my second child. Thanks a lot for your help!


  • Hello Uli!

    Thank you for your question! If you already have received your swedish personal number you can apply for registration to Försäkringskassan in order to find out if you belong to the swedish social Insurance and to know if you are entitled to benefits like child allowance from Försäkringskassan.

    If you have specific individual questions we advice you to contact our customer center by calling to 0771 524 524.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm

    Best regards,
    Adem Administrative officer
  • I don't have the Swedish personal number. I think everything would be easier with it but it takes a long time to receive it. Can be anything said without the personnummer? Thanks, Uli
  • Can I please ask another question? If I sign up with a company like Cool Company but I don't reach the 240 days (maybe only 200 days) am I not entitled to any parental leave? I'm very worried about it.
  • Hello,
    Thank you for your questions Uli.

    It is unfortunately difficult to give you an answer about the parental benefit. As my colleague explained in the previous post, Försäkringskassan needs to first investigate if you will be covered by the social insurance in Sweden. Once you get the personnummber, kindly send the registration form with the relevant documents and explain on the form- Additional information that you are pregnant. Since you have a 3- year old daughter, we will also investigate if you have right to get child allowance.

    About your second question, you can still be entitled to parental benefit even though you may not fulfill the 240 days rule. However, the risk is you might be entitled to get payment on the basic level which is 250 kr per day.

    Best regards,
    Özge Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.