To latest comment
This entry is old and may contain information that is not up-to-date.

Is it possible for EU citizen receive bostadsbidrag ?!

I am Danish citizenship and found a flat for rent in Sweden and i want move to Sweden for living there. I have children . My income is not high. So , can I receive housing support (  bostadsbidrag ) ? Is it possible for EU citizen receive   bostadsbidrag ?!


  • Hello!

    You are generally insured in Sweden if you live or work here even if you are EU citizen. This means that you may be entitled to different benefits from Swedish social insurance. You will not be automatically registered in the Swedish social insurance. In order to be registered at Försäkringskassan you should fill out and send form 5456
    If you have BankID you can send the form (5456) online at my pages (mina sidor).

    You can read more about registration at Försäkringskassan here.

    Housing allowance is support for families with children who need help to pay rent or the monthly fee for their housing. You can easily find out whether you can receive housing allowance by using the “Kassakollen” function here.

    In the “Kassakollen” function, you can quickly and easily see how much you can receive as housing allowance. How much you can receive depends on
    • your income
    • the number of children living in your home
    • what your housing costs
    • the size of your residence
    Log in to My pages (mina sidor) to apply for housing allowance. If you have a cohabiting partner or a child over age 18 who lives with you, you cannot apply via My pages (Mina sidor). Apply using the form 5096.

    You can read more of housing allowance here.

  • Hello!
    I belong now in SENIOR CITIZEN at the age of 62 soon this year.
    I live alone in one apartment.
    Is there any benefits like me? like housing allowance?

    Pacita Lindorff

    Pacita C Lindorff
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post!

    I would recommend you to contact Pensionsmyndigheten regarding your question.

    If you have pension and live in Sweden, you can apply for and be entitled to a housing supplement. You can find more information och the application on ​Pensionsmyndigheten​​​

    Best regards,
    Hazan Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.