Insurance coverage.

I'm currently an international student in Sweden and I have registered my own soletrader business. My study residence permit with expire in June and I wish to apply for residence permit as a business owner. I want to find out if I do need an health insurance or what type of insurance coverage do I need to provide when applying for my residence permit


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post!

    First of all, you are covered by the Swedish health insurance once you receive Swedish personal number (personnummer) from the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket). If you have further questions regarding the healthcare in Sweden, please contact Landstinget. Also, if you wish to read about health care in Sweden, more information in English is available here .

    Please be advised that Försäkringskassan administer social insurance and ensures that citizens receive the benefits they are entitled to. If you want to read more about social insurance you can find more information on our website. You need to contact  Migration Board (Migrationsverket) in order to get answers for your questions regarding residence permit.

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.