To latest comment

Insurance Coverage Proof to end German Health Insurance Membership


Just recently, I moved from Germany to Sweden for work and received my personal identification number earlier this week. My german health insurance now demands proof that I am covered by health insurance in Sweden in order for me to end my membership. Do you have a document to send me that would proof this?

Also, I would like to register at the Försäkringskassan in order to obtain a EU-Kort. Unfortunately it is not possible to open the corresponding form, although I have the newest version of the Adobe reader installed and all other forms work fine. Could you please check this?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Stefanie Kampen


  • Hej,

    I am in a similar situation. I have studied in Sweden for 2.5 years and am holding a personnummer for more than a year already. Recently I started working (short term position) and therefore need to drop out of my family-based health insurance in Germany. But before they let me go they want me to hand in a certificate stating that I have health insurance in Sweden.

    Kind regards
  • Hello Stefanie and Hannes,

    In order for you to receive EU card and/ or a certificate stating that you are insured in Sweden which you can send to your German insurance, you need to first register at Försäkringskassan.

    Please send us filled in document 5456, which you can find here. If you still can not open the file, please call us on 0771 524 524 (press 8 for English) or book a phone call in German here to order the form. Together with the form, send us the copy of your employment contract. On the form 5456 please fill in that you need EU card and/or certificate of your insurance in Sweden.

    Best regards,
  • Hej Aleksandra,

    Thanks for your response.
    I filled in that form roughly two weeks ago at Skatteverket and handed it in together with the contract. Should I have gotten some kind of confirmation letter from Försäkringskassan yet or can that take a while?

    Kind regards
  • Hello Hannes,

    The registration process can take between two to six months and as soon as your registration is approved, we are going to send the certificate that you applied for on the form to your home address.

    If you would like to check on the current status of your application or speed up your process, please call us on 0771 524 524 or book a call in German.

    Best regards,
  • Hallo Hannes,

    Habe gerade bei meiner deutschen Versicherung nachgefragt. Man kann bei diesen langen Wartezeiten auch um eine Einzelfallprüfung der Kündigung bitten, sollte dann aber eine Kopie der Abmeldebescheinigung sowie des Arbeitsvertrages beilegen.

    Liebe Gruesse,

  • Hi there, where do we need to send this 5456 document? Can we submit it online to Försäkringskassan?

  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post! You can send  the application form (5456) online if you have access to electronic identificaion (Bank ID). But if you don't have the Bandk ID you can download the document here.

    Then you can send the application form to the following address:-

    Försäkringskassans Inlasningscentralen 
    839 88 Östersund.

    If you have futher specific questions you can contackt us either by sending email or call our custoemer center (0771 524 524).

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    MondayFriday 8.00 am — 4.00 pm,

    Best Regards,

    Best regards,
    Adem Administrative officer
  • Thank you, Adem.
    I submitted my request online (via Bank ID). I hope I get this resolved soon.

    Thank you once again!

    Kind regards,
The post is closed to further comments.