To latest comment

Am I entitled to parental allowance and study allowance?

I feel overwhelmed. (original headline)
Good Day, I need some advise. I am someone that like sto research alot, but I fear I am stratung to chase my own tail. Please help.

We arrived in October from South Africa, my husband works we here on his Visa. I am signed up with Arbeitforbedgeling and looking for work, andI have my son here in gymnasium. And doing SFI. Please could you advise exaclty the following for me:

Am I entiled to the following? If Yes where do I sign up?
Parental allowance?
Study allowance to help find work?

I really need the clarifty please as I am so very lost in the system trying to make it work.

Thank you ! and my sincerest regard
Tracey-Lee Gradidge Report inappropriate content


  • Hello Tracey-Lee,
    thank you for your post.
    If your child is more than 12 years old, you can not get parental allowance for that child. You can read more about parental benefit here
    When it comes to study allowance, you should contact CSN (Centrala studiestödsnämnden) A link to their homepage is here
    Since this forum is for general questions in English, it is hard for us to answer specific questions. If you have more specific questions, please call our customer service centre at: 0771 524 524 (press #8 for English).
    Kind regards,

    Fredrik Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.