To latest comment

how to benefit from the national dental subsidy

Hi there, I visited a dentist in December last year and paid myself for the examination and x-rays. I had already completed a form to allow me to benefit from the government dental subsidy

When I called försäkringskassa to pursue my case I was told I had not completed section 10 of the form adequately but I unfortunately I do not remember which form this was nor can I find it anywhere.

It was ok to pay a for the cost of the initial examination myself but as as the whole treatment will cost around 7,000 kr I would really like to know which form do I need to fill to or what do I need to do to reduce the amount of money I will have to pay myself

Roxana Summers Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your question!

    In order for you to receive dental care allowance and high cost protection from your dentist, you need to make sure that you are registered at Försäkringskassan and covered by the social insurance in Sweden.

    In order to be registered at Försäkringskassan you should fill out and send ​form 5456​​​. There is no separately form for dental insurance, 5456 application will cover all. Along with the form you should send the additional documents that we may require, listed on the last page of the form. Also, on the point 10, please write that you would like to apply for dental care allowance and high cost protection.

    When you will be registered at Försäkringskassan, you can go to the dentist and ask if you are visible in the dentist´ s system as a registered person at Försäkringskassan. If yes, it means that you are entitled to dental care allowance and high-cost protection from Försäkringskassan. When the registration case is completed you can also contact your dentist to ask if you could get a refund.

    If you have already sent the application and would like apply for dental care allowance and high-cost protection, we recommend you to call our customer service. In doing so, we can write down a note in your case that says you wish to apply for the benefits.

    You can read more about dental care subsidy ​here.​​​

    Since it is a public forum, it is difficult for us to answer to questions regarding specific cases. We therefore recommend that you call our Customer Service for further questions. Our telephone number is 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best regards,
    Hazan Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.