To latest comment

How do I (not pregnant parent) apply for parental benefits if my partner and I are not married?

How to apply for the parental leave benifits as a father not married with the mother (Original title)

My sambo and I are going to have a baby soon but we are not registered as married in Sweden. We two have chinese nationality and working permits. The question is how to apply for the parental leave as a father? What document should I submit?

Peng Report inappropriate content


  • Hello Peng!

    Thank you for your post! In general he needs to contact ''Familjerätten''  a department within the municipality (Kommun) where custody related issues are processed. Then once he is finished with familjrätten and information of the child is updated in our system he can send application for parental benefit to Försäkringskassan.

    For further specific questions we advice you to contact our customer center by calling to 0771 524 524 (For English press 8) to get reply to your specific question.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00 am — 4.00 pm

    Best regards,

    Adem Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.