To latest comment

How does child get registered?

I read most of the pages but it doesn't say how the child gets registered?
Do we go to the Försäkringkassan personally or is it done at the hospital...or?
Mark Report inappropriate content


  • Hello Mark,
    thank you for your post.
    If you are not married when the child is born, the pregnant parent will get all the days of parental leave and sole custody of the child.
    In order for the other parent to be a legal guardian of the child and get his/her parental leave days, you need to go to the local municipality (kommunen) to confirm the paternity/parenthood.
    If you are married, we normally get the information automatically once the child is born. If you have a Bank-ID, you can log on to Mina Sidor to see if the information about the child has been updated after the birth.
    Kind regards,

    Fredrik Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.