Housing allowance

Hello I want to ask whether asylum seekers with residence permits (13 months / 3 years) can get assess to housing allowance when first settling in the municipality? We have three family members (my spouse, my child over 18 and me)
If we can assess the benefit, may I know the amount of the housing allowance that we can be given?

Thank you very much.


  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post. In order to receive allowance and compensation from Försäkringskassan, you must be social insured in Sweden. And the housing allowance is one of the allowances that one can get for living in Sweden. You can read more about that here

    As in this forum we can only give general answers, but your situation may depend on several factors. Call us on 0771-524 524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line for information about your specific case.

    Best regards,

    Tighisti Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.