To latest comment
This entry is old and may contain information that is not up-to-date.

Housing allowance for young people- moving back to Sweden

Hi, I have a Swedish nationality and I am 18 years old. I completed my preparatory studies in my native country in Iraq. I am now returning to Sweden. I want to complete my studies in Sweden. I have submitted my papers to the concerned authorities and I want to ask if I have the right to request a housing allowance and what assistance I have receivedfrom Försäkringskassan. many thanks


  • Hello!

    Before we can process your application for housing allowance you need to be registered in Försäkringskassan. To be registered you send us a registration application,(form number 5456). It is available in English here .

    You can always send an application for benefits from Försäkringskassan. When we receive your application for housing allowance (application form number 5096), we can start working on your case to be able to determine if you are eligible for the benefit or not. If you would like to know more about housing allowance and check if you fulfill the requirements, you can find more information and the application here.

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.