This entry is old and may contain information that is not up-to-date.
The comment you are looking for have either been moved to a new discussion or been deleted.

Housing Allowance

Hi,I come from India.I am going to study in Sweden for 2 years,am i eligible for Housing allowance?

ashwin Report inappropriate content


  • Hello!

    One can always apply for benefits from Försäkringskassan. When we receive your application for housing allowance ( application number 5096 ), we can start working on your case to be able to determine if you are eligible for the benefit or not. If you would like to know more about housing allowance and check if you fulfill the requirements, you can find more information and the application here.

    Please remember that we will be able to process your application for housing allowance only after you have been registered in Försäkringskassan. To be registered you would need to send us a separate registration application 5456. It is available in English here . If you come to Sweden from a country outside of EU, you will also need to have personal number or temporary personal number and a residence permit to be able to be registered in Försäkringskassan. For more information about personal number please contact Skatteverket . To be able to receive residence permit you would need to contact the Migration Board .

    Best regards,

    Natalia Administrative officer
  • I lived with my child. And my husband live in another country. We have personal number. We rent a apartment from private person. But we have no contract and bill. Can we apply for Housing Allowance?
    Ou Tao
  • Hi;

    If you do not have a rental contract you do not have the right to regular housing allowance, as we have no way of checking how much rent you pay every month.

    However, if you live together with a child you might be able to receive the special allowance for children living at home. This does not depend on the rent you pay. Instead, it is set at 1500 crowns per month if you have one child - although the amount can be reduced depending on your income.

    You can apply for this in the same way you apply for regular housing allowance: either through our page with BankID, or filling in form 5096.

    Best regards;
    Daniel Administrative officer
  • Thank you for you reply. But the form 5096 CAN NOT apply from the E-Service, should I sent the form to the officer from the Email by Photo?
    Ou Tao
  • Hi;

    If you go onto our website and search "5096", the first search result will be the form that you have to fill in to apply for housing allowance. You can click on "Använd e-tjänst" if you want to fill it online with BankID, but if you are living together with your partner you have to fill in the paper form.

    If you want or have to use the paper form, you can send it to the following address:

    Försäkringskassans inläsningscentral
    839 88 Östersund

    Best regards;
    Daniel Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.