Health insurance

Hello there,

I got a Swedish personal number and therefore covered by the Swedish health insurance system right ?
If that is the case, is it possible to get a certificate or something similar ? In order to be able to prove that I am insured ?
I also would need this document to be able to cancel the health insurance in my home country. Is there any way to get these kind of document ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best wishes,



  • Hello,

    you are generally entitled to healthcare under the same conditions as other residents of Sweden if you are registered as a resident in Sweden and have a Swedish personal id number (personnummer). This means that you pay the regular Swedish patient fee for all care.

    What you need might be a certificate showing that you are socially insured i Sweden. You are usually insured in Sweden if you live or work i Sweden. The Swedish Social Insurance Agency can issue a certificate that shows that you are covered by the social insurance in Sweden. In order to get such a certificate, you need to be registered at Försäkringskassan with a form 5456 (which can be found on our website). Along with the form you should send the additional documents that we may require, listed on the last page of the form. Write on the section for "Other information" that you need a certificate showing you are socially insured in Sweden.

    If you are already registered at Försäkringskassan, you just need to call our customer center on the telephone number 0771-524 524 and press 8 for assistance in English so that we note it on your case and send the certificate to your address.

    You can find more information here

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.