How to order E104?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I need to terminate my health insurance in my country of origin within EU because after my studies I have decided to stay in Sweden.  In order to do that, my country of origin requires me to show the form of E104. I have read in the forum that others do this by sending the forms of 5456 or 5459. If I know that I am registered and have permanent residence in Sweden which of these forms (5456 or 5459) should I send to you in order to get E104? In what way will I get this E104 (by regular mail or some another way)? How long should it take to get E104 from you? Thank you for your answer in advance.
Customer Report inappropriate content


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post.

    The certificate E104 indicates that you are no longer covered by social insurance in that country. According to the information given, you need a certificate showing that you are covered by the social insurance in Sweden so that you can terminate your health insurance in your country.

    If you are already registered at Försäkringskassan, you just need to call our customer center on the telephone number 0771-524 524 and press 8 for assistance in English so that we note it on your case and send the certificate to your address.

    Best regards,
    Özge Administrative officer
  • Good day,
    The question I didn't find in the forum. Are you sending form E104 to other EU countries if I submit a completed 5456 form.

    Thank you.

  • Hi,
    we don't issue the E104 unless you specifically ask for it. You can do that under "Other information" in the form 5456. Otherwise you can call us at 0771-524 524 (press #8 for english).
    Kind regards,

    Fredrik Administrative officer
  • Hello!I send request for form E104.But I didn't get it.I send you request about that ln form 5456.What I can do?I want quit my health insurance in Croatia.
    Vanja Majstorovic
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post. Your case may still be on the waiting queue för processing because the department has big work load. Since this forum is only for general English questions so we cannot reply your questions here. Please contact the customer center on +46 771 524 524 (For english press 8) to know status of your case.

    Best regards

    Adem Administrative officer
  • Dear Sir/Madam,

    I also need to obtain form E104 - therefore I will apply form 5456 to you, however I cannot remember my personnummer anymore, do you need it on the form to be able to send me E104?

    I moved from Sweden in May 2019 and now need to show the insurance company in Czech Republic, that I have been working in Sweden and health insurance was covered.

    Thank you!
    Thuy Linh Do
  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post!

    The social Insurance office will need to see your personal number in order to identify you and issue the E104 certificate.

    Best Regards
    Helen Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.