To latest comment

Do I have the right to child allowance if I come from a county outside of EU and live in Sweden?

Giving birth situation (original titel)


I am from Egypt and I have resident permit because am student here in Sweden and I am studying master degree. Also, I have a personal number. Actually, I am pregnant and the estimating time for delivery this month. So, the delivery will be covered or I have to pay money?! So, I don't work 
Also, can I apply for children allowance or not? 


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post! In general you can contact your health care provider (clinic or hospital) to know if you are entitled to get support for your delivery. Regarding the child allowance you need to be insured in the Swedish social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) in order to be entitled for the benefit. You can also read more information on child allowance here.

    If you have any specific individual questions we advice you to contact our customer center by calling to 0771 524 524 (For English press 8).

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00 am — 4.00 pm

    Best regards,
    Adem Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.