To latest comment

European Health Insurance Card for international students

I tried to apply for the Swedish personal number one year ago when I came to study in Sweden, but my application was cancelled because I couldn't provide the tax office with my European Health Insurance Card because it expired and in the country where I am from (Romania) you need to be a student or an employee in Romania in order to apply for this card or benefit from a Romanian scholarship as an international student but it is not my case.
My question is if I can apply for the European card here in Sweden since I am studying here or I no longer need the European card to apply for the personal number since I stayed in Sweden for an year already?
Thank you!


  • Hello,

     If you moved to Sweden recently, you must register with Försäkringskassan to order a European Health Insurance Card. You can find more information about the registration process here.

    Best regards,

The post is closed to further comments.