EU health insurance card

I am a student here and come from Pakistan. I have Swedish personal number and also have job contract but my residency status is student.
Can i apply for eu health care card?


  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post.
    For you to be eligible to get the European Health Insurance Card from Försäkringskassan, you should be socially insured in Sweden. Being insured in Sweden means that you are covered by the Swedish social insurance system and are entitled to various kinds of benefits. You can read more about moving to Sweden here
    To register in Försäkringskassan you have to fill out the registration form 5456 and send it to us with the relevant attachments. The required attachments are listed at the end of the form.
    The form is available on our website, and you can find it in English by searching for "5456" on the English-language version of the website. You can also fill it in online with BankID, on the Swedish-language website. Försäkringskassan decides whether you are insured in Sweden and are entitled to benefits. To receive a benefit, you must also satisfy the criteria that apply for that particular benefit. Some benefits are based on residency and others on work.

    Best regards,
    Tighisti Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.