To latest comment

EU card in Austria - Do I get the money back from the physiotherapist?

Hello! I came to Austria for some months for an educational program, and after some weeks I got some back pain and the doctor has referred me to the physiotherapist. In Austria this is quite expensive (7 sessions for 430 euros more or less). I have told that I have to first pay for them and then get the money back from Försäkringskassan, and that I should ask first if it works for them first for this amount. Thank you in advance!
Samy Report inappropriate content


  • Hello Samy,
    thank you for your post.
    You can read about receiving care abroad ​here​​​.
    Since this is a public forum, The Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) has limited abilities to answer questions related to individual cases. We therefore advice you to contact our customer center at this number:
    0771 524 524 (for English press #8).
    Kind regards,
    Fredrik Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.