Enquiry about child allowance

Hey I live and work in Sweden and my partner also live and work in Germany and we are expecting our first baby soon, I want to find out if I’m entitled to monthly allowance for the baby and paternity leave as well if yes how do I go about
Thanks much and hope to hear from you soon


  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post! Generally the country in which the child lives has primary responsibility for paying child allowance. Call the customer centre at
    0771-524 524 to know more on what applies in your particular case regarding child allowance and parental leave.

    Best regards,
    Adem Administrative officer
  • Hello
    I am the father of Alexa Sottas . I live in Switzerland and i need you to sign this paper and send it back. If you give me your mail, I can send it better. It is important for the swis autorities.Thanks a lot
    Romain Sottas
    Best regards

    Laurence Sottas
  • Hello,

    Generally speaking it is the authority in the other country that send this document to us directly, but if you have this document and you want to send it to Försäkringskassan, please send it to:

    Försäkringskassans Inläsningscentral
    839 88 Östersund

    If you need information in a specific case call us on 0771 524 524.
    Our opening hours are, Monday - Friday, 8 - 15.

    Best Regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.