To latest comment

Eligibility for Försäkringskassan bostadsbidrag as an international student from out of EU


I'm an international student from outside EU and studying for two years here. I have a personal number and health insurance of FAS+ from university which can be seen from link below.

I have gotten a bit confused whether this insurance is counted as a "social insurance" or not and whether I'm eligible to apply for bostadsbidrag or not.

Kind regards


  • Hello,

    You can find answer to your questions here.

    Since it is a public forum, it is difficult for us to answer to questions regarding specific cases. We therefore recommend that you call our Customer Service for further questions. Our telephone number is 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best regards,

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.