The comment you are looking for have either been moved to a new discussion or been deleted.


I am from Germany but have recently officially moved to Sweden and received a personnummer.

1. In order to get rid of my German health insurance the German authorities claim I have to send them form E104. I went to Skatteverket and they sent me a form for "Försäkringtillhörighet". Is that form E104?

2. In the form I have to fill out when I moved here, which officially is the end of last year, but in reality I have lived and worked here for the past 2,5 years. What date should I write?

3. In order to get written in Sweden (folkbokförd) and receive my personnummer I got myself a job, but now I am instead going to SFI. Am I eligible for försäkringstillhörighet even though I'm not working or going to university?

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards,
Oliver Smolka Report inappropriate content


  • Hi;

    1. The paper you received at the office is probably form 5456, which you can use to register with us. Fill it in and write on it that you require a certificate of insurance in Sweden so that you can cancel your German insurance. That way we can process your case and give you the certificate you need.

    2. In the form you should write when you moved here. We will ask you to submit documents that prove this, such as for example a copy of an employment contract with a clear start date. We can then register you from the correct date.

    3. The general rule is that you can be socially insured in Sweden if you work or live here. As long as you are not working or receiving an income from another country, you will generally have the right to be socially insured in Sweden. But we will make a final decision when we receive your documents.

    Best regards;
    Daniel Administrative officer
  • Hello,

    I  worked in Sweden since 2012, seconded from Romania. From 01.06.2017 I have a Swedish contract. I have sent the form 5456 - försäkringstillhörighet in December 2017 and I believe it has been approved. I would need now form E104, to prove to Romanian authorities that I am ensured in Sweden and dont have to pay social in surance in Romania. Would you please tell me how to apply for it?
    I read the previous answer, but I believe it doesnt apply to me since I have already sent that form ( 5456) and it has already been processed.

    Thank you in advance for your support,


    Brindusa Taraca
    Brindusa Taraca
  • Hello,

    If you are already registered at Försäkringskassan, you just need to call our customer center on the telephone number 0771-524 524 and press 8 for assistance in English so that we note it on your case and send the certificate to your address.

    Best regards,

    Luna Administrative officer
  • Hello,
    I would like to know, how i could to apply form E104?

    Thanks for answer
  • Hello,

    If you have moved from Sweden to another country, you can find more information here. Then, you might need to fill in the form 5459 and write in the other information field that you need the E104-certificate.

    If you have moved to Sweden, you can find more information here.
    Then, you might need to fill in the form 5456 and write in the other information field that you need a certificate of insurance.

    The Swedish Social Insurance Agency has limited abilities to answer questions relating to individual cases on this forum. We therefore ask you to contact our customer center if you have questions relating to your specific case by calling telephone number 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:
    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best regards,

    Håkan Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.