To latest comment

Do I have the right to VAB when my husband is home?


my 2 years old son is not going to school (dagis). My husband who is not the father of the child and is not the child's guardian is taking care of him when I am working. I wonder whether I have the right to VAB in the days I have to stay home from work to take care of my son when he is sick according to the circumstances?



  • Hello,

    If your husband is taking care of the child you cannot take VAB, because your husband is a parent (accorrding to the definition of "parent" within social insurance) to your child regardless if he is biological father or not.

    If one parent is at home with the child already the other parent has no need to stay off from work to take care of that child when the child gets sick.

    Best Regards,
    Barbara Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.