Dental care

I am arrived in Sweden in august 2019, I have received a personal number from Skatteverket.I have submitted my application for registration with forsäkringskassan. I am living here on family dependent residence permit visa which allows me to work as well, my husband is working in Sweden for 8 years and has a permanent residence permit .
All of a sudden I am in need of dental care and have taken an appointment with the dentist. As I am yet waiting to get an answer from försäkringskassan, I am wondering if I can claim the dental care compensation later when I receive answer from you ? right now my dentist says I must take the treatment and pay all the costs by myself. Can I go for this treatment while I am waiting for an answer from försäkringskassan and claim the tandvårdbidrag once I am registered ?
I would be really thankful for your help in this regard.
Thank you
Rumaisa Report inappropriate content


  • Hello!

    Thank you for your post. The Social Insurance Office needs to first investigate if you will be covered in Sweden and have the right to get benefits such as dental benefits.

    We cannot therefore be able to answer whether you may be or not be capable of receiving compensation in retroactive.

    You can find more information about dental care, on our website Försäkringskassan.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm,

    Best Regards,
    Helen Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.