To latest comment

Child allowance for a child living in another EU country

Hi, I have child I working right now, and Can I receive some child support my wife with child in lithuania,
Thanks for answer
Vygandas Dainauskis Report inappropriate content


  • Original title: Child Support

    Thank you for your question.

    Yes, if you work in Sweden and have a child living in another member country, you can be entitled to child allowance (barnbidrag) from Sweden. When the parents live or work in their respective member countries, the payment of child allowance needs to be coordinated between the countries.

    You can provide information about your work and family situation on My pages (Mina Sidor) or fill the form 5456 so that we can investigate if you are entitled to get child allowance.

    Best regards,

    Özge Administrative officer
  • Hi if I was at skateverket and they gave for me that form 5456 do I need to do somthing more for shild care benefit ?

  • Hello again,

    No, you do not need to do something else.

    Best regards,

    Özge Administrative officer
  • hi. My sister is living in Romania. She turned 16 and as she is still in school she need to apply for allowance in Romania. But she need a paper that's prove she's not taking anymore allowance from Sweden. I call in Sweden to ask for this paper and they said that I can find it on website but I have trouble finding where because I m not speaking Swedish. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!
  • Hello,

    Thank you for your post. Since it is a public forum, it is difficult for us to answer to questions regarding specific cases. We therefore recommend that you call our Customer Service for further questions on telephone number 0771 524524 and press 8 to get connected to the English line.

    Our telephone lines are open the following hours:

    Monday – Friday 8.00am — 4.00 pm

    Best regards,
    Tighisti Administrative officer

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.